22 Apr 2020
#500NatureChallenge: With its new social engagement campaign, Fiat is calling for testimonials on the new human-nature equilibrium
- Today, Earth Day, Fiat is launching its new social engagement campaign, #500NatureChallenge.
- Users are bearing witness to the new relationship between humans and the environment in our cities, where nature is taking on a bigger role.
- The New Fiat 500 BEV, the car that best embodies this new relationship between humans and the environment, is the “partner” for the #500NatureChallenge social media campaign.
- The aim of the campaign is to gather the photo and video contributions that testify to the newfound harmony between the city and nature during the lockdown.
- The initiative is intended to engage Fiat's global fan base to send a message of optimism and positivity, in line with the eco-friendly philosophy of the New 500.
The New Relationship between Humans and Nature
We are all bearing witness to the new human-nature equilibrium now being restored in major cities. These days, the reduced traffic and number of people and vehicles passing by has to some extent resulted in the “return” of nature, which is taking back its own space. This extraordinary phenomenon raises a radical question: is this the new way for humans and the planet to interact? Is respect for the environment and its conservation the new frontier?
The New Fiat 500 BEV is an ambassador for the special project Fiat is launching today to bear witness to the new relationship between humans and the environment.
FCA's first full-electric car is a shoo-in: a zero-emissions vehicle designed to help create a better future, yet always faithful to its history and the character that has made it a worldwide icon.
The #500NatureChallenge initiative, directed at the global 500 community, was launched on the brand's official social media channels, suggesting that users share a photo or video bearing witness to the new relationship between the city and nature. This community has become an ambassador for the new relationship between humans and nature.
An album will be made of the best photos, to be published on Instagram, entered into an online exhibition. This will enhance the message of eco-sustainability, optimism and positivity launched by the brand.
The hashtag for the project is #500naturechallenge.
Turin, April 22, 2020