02 Oct 2014
Fiat at the 2014 Paris International Motor Show
- The Fiat 500X débuts in its international preview, the new compact crossover in the 500 family that marks the evolution of the brand and technology through the development in its DNA.
- A beauty with character, the new car explores a brand-new dimension of being 500, where a mature, elegant, all-Italian style "clothes" - like haute couture - the substance of a car that is comfortable, high-performance and always in touch with the world.
- Available in two different versions with two different souls - one more "metropolitan" and the other ideal for leisure - equipped with efficient diesel and petrol engines, three types of transmission - manual, 9-speed automatic or twin-clutch 6-speed automatic - and with front-wheel drive, four-wheel drive or front-wheel drive with Traction Plus configurations.
- The new Fiat 500X will go on sale in more than 100 countries worldwide, including the United States.
- Paris sees the début of the "500 Couture", the next frontier in exclusive customisation which introduces the new "500 Ron Arad Edition" and the "500 Comics", "500 Camouflage" and "500 Jeans" showcars, utterly captivating examples characterised by Italian craftsmanship to make them unique.
- Created in collaboration with the famous designer, the "500 Ron Arad Edition" pays homage to the legendary 1957 Fiat 500, the silhouette of which is drawn on the bodywork to further enhance the vintage soul of the Fiat model.
- Ron Arad also puts his name to the stand at Paris and the reveal dedicated to the new Fiat 500X. A particular feature of the display area is an "X" where the four distinctive elements of the 500's DNA converge: "Heritage", a tribute to the iconic nature of the 1957 Fiat 500; the "Pop Art" of the Sixties, with the colours and designs of the period; the "Dolce Vita", the all-Italian lifestyle embodied by the 500; and "Fashion", highlighting the relationship between the car that symbolises Fiat and one of the sectors where Italian excellence makes its presence felt worldwide.
- There are also the other leading lights of the 500 family on the stand - 500L Trekking, 500L Beats EditionTM and 500 MY 2014 Cult models - cars which are very different in terms of vocation and character, but which have the same roots in common: the iconic Fiat 500.