04 Sep 2019
Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye Roars into the Middle East Region
- New Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye and Its 797-horsepower Supercharged HEMI® High-output Engine Drive Challenger Lineup
- The new Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye is the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car
September 4th 2019: Dodge Middle East continues to push the boundaries of performance with the announcement that it is introducing the Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye, with 797 horsepower, to the region.
Following a record-setting year with the introduction of the limited-production Dodge Challenger SRT® Demon - the quickest, fastest and most powerful muscle car ever-Dodge//SRT® is going back to its muscle car roots by taking its biggest, most powerful engine-the supercharged HEMI® Demon V-8 - and leveraging its enormous power output to boost the performance of the Hellcat. The result: the 797-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye Widebody, able to go from 0-100 kilometers per hour (km/hr) in just 3.4 seconds.
Like its Demon brethren, it has 25 major component upgrades, including a larger supercharger, strengthened connecting rods and pistons, high-speed valve train, fuel injection system and improved lubrication system. Compared with the standard SRT® Hellcat engine, the Redeye's supercharged high-output engine features:
- Largest factory supercharger of any production car - 2.7 liters versus 2.4 liters
- Increased boost pressure: 14.5 psi versus 11.6 psi
- Higher rpm limit: 6,500 rpm versus 6,200 rpm
- Fuel: Two dual-stage fuel pumps versus one
- At full throttle, the Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye's high-output engine consumes 5.4 liters/min of fuel-enough to drain the fuel tank in just under 11 minutes, yet is still rated at 10.692L/100km when driven in normal highway conditions
- Larger induction air box with three sources of intake air:
- New dual-snorkel hood
- Driver-side Air Catcher headlamp
- Inlet near the wheel liner
Additional features from the SRT® Demon that help the Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye achieve its status as the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car:
- Torque Reserve delivers up to 3.9 psi of boost at launch and up to 55 percent more engine torque
- Only factory production car with both SRT® Power Chiller and After-Run Chiller
- High-strength steel prop shafts provide a 15 percent increase in torque capacity
- 41-spline half shafts provide a 20 percent increase in torque capacity
The New, SRT® Hellcat Redeye offers two final drive ratios, a standard 2.62:1 or available 3.09:1 for enhanced launch capability. The Challenger SRT® Hellcat line-up delivers improved performance numbers, including a new top speed of 327 km/h, making the Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car.
Functional and intimidating exterior design
The newly designed, fully functional dual-snorkel hood provides maximum air intake to the supercharged powerplant and pays homage to the distinctive design themes from some of the most famous mid-1960s and early-1970s Dodge muscle cars, like the 1970 Dart Swinger and 1971 Demon.
In addition to the new dual-snorkel hood, the exterior of Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye receives enhanced badging showing a sinister red jewel-like eye design on the Hellcat that jumps off the Midnight Grey Metallic finish fender badge. A new die-cast SRT® emblem on the supercharger housing also features the new Redeye logo.
Dodge Challenger SRT® Hellcat line-up: more horses, expanded technologies and more features
From 717 to 797 horsepower, Dodge is delivering the most powerful Challenger SRT® Hellcat line-up ever, with automatic transmission available to handle the immense horsepower and torque output.
The Challenger SRT® Hellcat receives an efficient TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission.
The Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye's supercharged high-output engine is paired to the TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission. Internal changes to the transmission include an upgraded torque converter that delivers an 18 percent increase in torque multiplication when compared with the standard Challenger SRT® Hellcat.
The Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye has several unique interior features, including:
- 340-km/h red speedometer
- SRT® Hellcat Redeye logo splash screen
- Light Black Chrome instrument panel badge with SRT® Hellcat Redeye logo
- SRT® Hellcat Redeye logo on the key fobs
The Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye is now available in Dodge showrooms across the Middle East.
Dodge//SRT offers a range of performance vehicles that stand out in their own segments. Dodge is the mainstream performance brand and SRT is positioned as the ultimate performance halo of the Dodge brand, together creating a complete and balanced performance brand with one vision and one voice. For more than 100 years, the Dodge brand has carried on the spirit of brothers John and Horace Dodge, who founded the brand in 1914. Their influence continues today. The 2019 Middle East Dodge line-up includes the Charger, Challenger, Durango and Neon - a range that offers performance at every price point.