17 Sep 2014
Lancia and the IED present the “Ypsilon My Stories” film project
- Once again, Lancia supports the creators of beauty: ten talented film-makers, an exclusive competition and a multilingual site for an initiative with an international scope
- On the www.ypsilonmystories.com site are the ten competing short films starring the Lancia Ypsilon, the fashion city car that guarantees extensive customisation, sophisticated equipment and distinctive style
- Until 16 October you can vote for your favourite video and enter the final draw for a trip for two to one of the fabulous European destinations captured in the short films
- Every day there will be an Amazon gift voucher up for grabs on the site
- The best director, according to a panel of experts and Lancia, will get free use of an Ypsilon for 3 months
- Award ceremony at the Lancia Fashion Apartment in Milan
The site for the "Ypsilon My Stories" initiative is online as of today. This project results from collaboration between the Lancia brand and OffiCine, the film training and experimental laboratory founded in Milan by Anteo spazioCinema and the European Design Institute.
The body, which boasts among its scientific committee such names as Paolo Sorrentino and Pierfrancesco Favino, offers multidisciplinary teaching programmes in cinematography and creativity and organises cultural initiatives open to the city, with the aim of bringing a wide and varied audience to the world of the cinema.
For the "Ypsilon My Stories" project, Lancia and OffiCine have selected ten outstanding film-makers from various European countries. The desired qualities? Proven experience in the field, a great deal of curiosity and the ability to express the contemporary world and the Ypsilon with a personal approach.
After an individual interview and intensive workshop, the chosen directors were set the task of lending creative interpretation to the unique relationship that connects the Ypsilon and urban space. The result is ten highly diverse short films, ten stories in which to discover the unseen faces of the European metropolises and the tales of the people who bring them to life. The cars of the Ypsilon range are stars, with their unique characteristics: vast possibilities for customisation, sophisticated equipment like Magic Parking, a wealth of stylish finishes and details, respect for the environment.
The films are available on the site, where a competition will be running until 16 October, 2014. Taking part is easy: just register and vote for your favourite video. At the end of the initiative, everyone who has voted at least once will be part of a draw for a trip for two to one of the fabulous destinations captured in the short films: Vienna, Berlin, Lisbon, Paris, Marseilles, Brussels, London, Milan, Rome or Madrid.
What's more, for the entire duration of the contest, Lancia is putting an instant win €100 Amazon voucher up for grabs every day. You can try to win it once a day, just by voting again.
But it won't only be the users who judge the work of the film-makers: a panel of experts in the sector and from the Lancia Brand will select the best director, who will get free use of an Ypsilon for 3 months. The winner will officially receive their prize during an event at the Lancia Fashion Apartment in Milan, together with the film-maker who received the most votes online.
Turin, 17 September 2014